Sunday, April 26, 2009

How Long Live Liver Failure

Yahoo Geocities shuts Android and Palm OS

Today I let a comment.
Yahoo! decided to close GeoCities (GC), a site that allowed hosting and creating Web pages, at no cost to its users.
My first website, like any geek was made and mounted on GeoCities, 2000, when this service was one of the most used around the world.
was also where I showed my first multimedia work my high school teachers, wonderful. To say that I took out the spectacular 7.0 only meant to set up a website for the course.
But Yahoo holds a habit of letting die to sites most promising. It's something to look Flickr. No more investment in the scheme. And that goes for a general failure of all the companies created the "old." Issuer is the fallacy of active and passive recipient, without giving the consumer choices that reflect what they need. And just GC was a space where users talk to each other. And people are still people, wherever they are. Whether online, in a game or in the real world, we need others. And that Web 2.0 was revealed. GC hence it failed in its attempt to be a leader in web hosting, because people arming sites to show to themselves, as it does today Facebook.
And if people could not communicate their creations, their lives here website or intertwined ... was certain the death of GC.
miss the tools and GC meant everything to me. But I prefer to Facebook and in their absence, Dreamweaver and Flash to create my web pages.

Greetings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment